Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Sculpture

With all the snow that came in the last couple days followed by high winds, which made some pretty sweet drifts outside of my apartment, my roommates, one of my neighbors, and I decided to go out and play in the snow. We decided to tunnel through an area of the drifts and made about a 15-foot tunnel (even with 5 feet of it collapsing). This got me thinking of all the art that is, or can be, made in the snow, so I decided to look at some snow sculptures. While they all were amazing and had to take a lot of time and dedication, this is an example of one that amazed me due to the frailty of the design. As with making a tunnel, you have to be careful not to get too close to a side or top in order to prevent if from collapsing, the snow sculpture also had to be done with great care. Not only did the artist have to work cautiously, but they had to do it out in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment